Real Madrid fans prefer Morata with Cristiano ahead of Benzema
AS.com asked its online readership for their views on which players should start against Celta and there were some interesting results. Lucas to start as right back in place of Danilo.
The internet readers of AS.com were given their chance to vote for their preferred starting XI for the crucial quarter final second leg against Celta Vigo in the Copa del Rey.
No place for Benzema alongside Cristiano
In order to turn over the 1-2 deficit, the votes cast put Casilla in goal with a back-line created of Lucas Vázquez, Ramos, Varane and Nacho. The midfield four stepping out would be Kovacic, Casemiro, Krooss and Isco, and ahead of them a front two of Cristiano Ronaldo and Álvaro Morata. With only 7,212 votes, Karim Benzema would have to make do with a place on the bench in Vigo.
The under-fire Danilo received an encouraging 6,677 votes but that wasn't enough for him to make the fans XI. Will manager Zinedine Zidane's selection match that of the fans who responded to the survey? We'll find out on Wednesday night.
The match kicks off at 21:15 CET and we'll be bringing you live commentary at AS English.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Is the Social Security increase for 2022 the largest in US history?
- NFL The NFL proposes a solution to its problem of 'race norming' in dementia settlements
- NFL NFL 21-22: What's the NFL record for most interceptions in a season?
- NFL Who are the NFL's All-Time passing yards and Touchdown leaders?
- Fati: Inheriting Messi's number 10 shirt does not bring added pressure at Barca
- NBA NBA 20/21 season to feature 109 international players from 39 countries