None of Madrid's sidelined seven to be ready for Real Sociedad
Neither James Rodriguez or Varane will be fit in time, while Carvajal, Pepe, Marcelo, Modric and Bale all continue with their various stages of recovery. Achraf could be given another chance to make his competitive debut.
Eyes are now firmly fixed on this Sunday's LaLiga clash with Real Sociedad (Bernabéu, 20:45) following Real Madrid’s elimination from the Copa del Rey at the hands of Celta on Wednesday night.
However, Zidane’s side – who returned to training in preparation for the top-five encounter on Thursday morning – will again have to do without the seven injured first-team players who missed the midweek cup game.
While James Rodriguez and Varane are the closest to returning (both worked in the gym on Thursday), neither will be ready in time, while Carvajal, Pepe, Marcelo, Modric and Bale all continue with their various stages of recovery.
Castilla players Enzo Zidane, Tejero and Achraf (who was called up to the Madrid cup squad this week) all took part in the day’s session to make up the numbers. Young fullback Achraf could be handed another chance to make his competitive debut on Sunday after being an unused sub in the loss to Celta.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL | PACKERS Rodgers: Packers Super Bowl contenders after 49ers win
- CORONAVIRUS VACCINES What’s the latest on the NYC DOE covid-19 vaccine mandate?
- US NEWS What caused the Amtrak train derailment?
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Ansu Fati returns to Barcelona after long layoff
- NFL Mahomes talks after Kansas City Chief's 30-24 defeat to Los Angeles Chargers
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Ancelotti on Sheriff, Modric, Kroos, Zidane, Mendy