Under-fire Real Madrid duo Karim Benzema and Danilo were whistled by sections of the crowd as the Bernabéu announcer called out their names prior to kickoff of the home game against Real Sociedad on Sunday.
Jeers and boos
Fullback Danilo – whose performances have come under increasing scrutiny in recent weeks following a run of poor displays and two own-goals in the past three games – also had his first touch jeered by a number of supporters when the game got underway.
Benzema started the game too, despite fans calling for him to be dropped and replaced with Alvaro Morata in an AS poll this weekend.
Cristiano denounces crowd
Danilo and Benzema weren't the only ones on the end of criticism. In the first half of the match, Cristiano Ronaldo reacted angrily to jeers following a couple of errors, appearing to shout something in the direction of the stands and shake his head in irritation.
The Portuguese then responded by providing the assist for Kovacic's opener before bagging one himself in the second half.
Te recomendamos en English
- Ryder Cup: Garcia gets action underway at Whistling Straits
- Joshua v Usyk: AJ aims to keep it simple as Fury looms large over capital clash
- WORLD NEWS What has Biden said about the Evergrande crisis?
- NFL NFL: Chargers after another road win at Chiefs in big AFC West clash
- PSG Mbappé is a fantastic guy - Pochettino backs PSG forward
- BARCELONA Ronald Koeman receives two-match ban for red card