William Carvalho signs with Pere Guardiola
The Sporting midfielder William Carvalho has dropped his agent Jorge Mendes to sign for Pep Guardiola's brother Pere. Real Madrid have an eye on the talented 24 year old.
Carvalho signs with Pere Guardiola
If Real Madrid want to get their hands on William Carvalho, the talented 24 year old Sporting Lisbon midfielder, they'll need to speak to Pere Guardiola, brother of Manchester City coach Pep.
Carvalho had been represented up to now by Jorge Mendes, but the player has dropped his firm Gestifute to sign with Media Base Sports, run by Pere Guardiola.
Real Madrid targetting Carvalho
Carvalho has been a target for some time for many of Europe's biggest clubs, with Real Madrid heading the list. The change of agent isn't great news for Real Madrid, not because they have a problem with Pere Guardiola, but because Mendes has long been a favoured ally of Florentino Pérez, Real Madrid's president.
Carvalho and Portuguese success
The Portugal defensive midfielder, born in Angola, stands a solid 1.87 metres and his 89 kilos mean he isn't the quickest player on the pitch, but he's a forceful presence. He's played for the full Portugal national side since 2013, being called up for the World Cup in Brazil in 2014 and being part of the triumphant side that lifted the European Championship title in 2016.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS How can I register to vote in New Jersey?
- USMNT Christian Pulisic is ‘really suffering’ after ankle injury setbacks
- MLS Landon Donovan rejects the Real Salt Lake managerial job
- SOCCER Barcelona close to agreeing new Ansu Fati contract - Koeman
- NBA Milwaukee Bucks 21/22: roster, new signings, cuts and trades
- NBA Los Angeles Lakers 21/22: roster, new signings, cuts and trades