Thomas Partey has extended his current deal with Atlético Madrid by three years until 2022. The Ghana international, who represented his country at the Africa Cup of Nations in January where he picked up a man of the match award in the win over Mali, was snapped up by Atlético’s academy in 2011.
Champions League final
The 23-year-old has been used sparingly by Diego Simeone this season, chalking up 244 minutes over eight appearances, but is seen as a key part of Atlético’s plans for the future. Last season, the defensive midfielder scored three times in 23 games and featured in the Champions League final against Real Madrid and both semis against Bayern Munich.
“I’m very happy. I want to carry on developing at Atlético,” Thomas said on the club’s official website after putting pen to paper. Before making his official debut for Atlético last season against Espanyol, the player had loan spells at Mallorca and Almería.
Te recomendamos en English
- International Soccer Mexico 2-3 Ecuador summary: score, goals, highlights, exhibition match
- MLB Braves vs. Astros commentary, scores, stats and updates: World Series Game 2
- WORLD NEWS La Palma volcano, live updates today: eruption, tsunami warning and latest news | Canary Islands
- NFL Report: Cardinals DE J.J. Watt could miss rest of season
- NFL Who plays Thursday night football?
- NBA Lakers outclassed in Oklahoma in a night of NBA surprises