The uncertainty surrounding Quique Setién’s future at Las Palmas has excited the interest of other Primera División clubs after the Cantabrian’s eye-catching work at the Estadio Gran Canaria.
Setién: "I don't know if I'll stay"
Some weeks ago Setién talked about the possibility of renewing his contract at the club but after the match against Real Madrid in the Bernabéu on Wednesday he told radio reporters: “I don’t know if I will stay at Las Palmas; recently talks have stalled.”
Las Palmas are not willing to meet Setién’s financial demands, which the club consider to be “more in line with a team playing in Europe and beyond our means.” Unless the coach reduces his pretensions, it seems unlikely he will be asked to stay on.
It emerged on Thursday that Málaga are waiting in the wings to poach Setién if the two parties cannot reach an agreement. AS understands that the Andalusian club has already sounded out the Las Palmas boss over the possibility of joining in the summer.
Te recomendamos en English
- SOCCER Atlético Madrid: Trippier has his future mapped out
- NFL Buffalo Bills 31 vs Tennessee Titans 34 summary: score, stats, and highlights | NFL Week 6
- MLB Boston Red Sox annihilate Houston Astros in Game 3
- NFL NFL week 6 highlights: scores, updates, big wins and losses
- USMNT Gio Reyna could miss November international break
- NBA LeBron discusses injuries ahead of Lakers-Warriors clash