Barcelona's technical department have been busy planning for next season. Knowing that Luis Enrique won't be sat on the azulgrana bench next term, Barça executives and Technical Secretary Robert Fernández are drawing up the squad for the 2017/18 campaign. One of the chief objectives is Arsenal full-back Héctor Bellerín, the former Barça youth academy player who left La Masía in 2011 to try his luck in London with the Gunners.
Bellerín is Barcelona's prime target this summer
The 21-year-old recently renewed his arrangement with Arsenal, amplifying his contract to 2023 and did so under the supervision of his mentor, Arsène Wenger. But the French manager's future is uncertain and recent results suggest that his 21-season tenure at Arsenal could well be coming to an end. In spite of that, Barça know that by signing Bellerín now, they will have the right-back position covered for the next decade, and for that reason the club opened talks with the player's inner circle several months ago.
Barcelona have contacted Bellerín's representatives
AS understands that Robert recently met up with Bellerín's advisers in London. However, Barça are fully aware of the competition they will face to recover the player. Pep Guardiola has the spending power to lure Bellerín to Manchester City as well as the promise of an attractive sporting project. Bayern Munich are also on the look-out for a right-back as replacement for Philip Lahm who will be retiring from the game at the end of the season.
Deportivo v Barcelona live | LaLiga Santander
Te recomendamos en English
- NBA Philadelphia 76ers Morey says there is 'hope' for reconciliation with Ben Simmons
- US NEWS Will national parks close if there is a government shutdown?
- US NEWS How long do government shutdowns last?
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Basketball's subtle influence on the world of football
- GREEN BAY PACKERS Aaron Rodgers: "How could you not be romantic about football?"
- NFL Jalen Hurts shoulders blame after Eagles defeat to Cowboys