Guardiola's slick City cruise into FA Cup semis
Manchester City progressed in the competition with a comfortable 2-0 victory at Middlesbrough on Saturday.
Manchester City cruised into the FA Cup semi-finals with a 2-0 victory at Middlesbrough on Saturday as Pep Guardiola showed he is taking the competition seriously.
A gulf in class
Goals from David Silva and Sergio Aguero were scant reward for City as they easily out-classed Middlesbrough, who must have feared such an outcome when they witnessed the team named by Guardiola.
Ominously for the home side, languishing in the relegation zone after failing to win any of their last 10 Premier League games, all City's world-class players were involved, despite the fact they face Monaco in a decisive Champions League last 16 second leg on Wednesday.
"We're so happy to be through because to reach the semi-finals of this competition is so complicated,' Guardiola said. "We produced a good performance today. We were there from the first minute. The first goal was important but it was down to how we approached the game. Now we recover good to play another big game on Wednesday".
Semi-final of the FA Cup between: Chelsea vs Manchester United
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL NFL's Jeff Pash and WFT's Bruce Allen implicated in email investigation
- FIFA 22 FIFA 22 Road to the Knockouts: player cards and how to upgrade them
- MEDICARE What if I miss the Medicare deadline?
- NFL Do NFL teams have their own planes? How do they travel to away games?
- NFL Why do NFL players paint under their eyes?
- QATAR 2022 When does the 2022 FIFA World Cup start? Opening game and final dates