Fewer BBC goals
The BBC, Real Madrid's staple striking structure, established in 2013, has always accounted for 56% or more of the goals scored by the whole team. This campaign, however, the numbers paint a different picture, with the trusted trio dropping to 40%.
Improving every season
The Bale, Benzema, Cristiano combination has consistently improved its goalscoring numbers season upon season: 56% in 2013-14 (93 goals out of a total of 160), 61% in the 2014-15 campaign (100 out of 162) and 69% in the 2015-16 (98 out of 141) last year. This season, however, the Real strikeforce has dropped off, and have only managed 48 goals of the team's total of 120 (40%).
REAL MADRID 2015-16
Within this context, Morata, 17 on the list of players to have played the most minutes this season, has a better goals-per-minute ratio than the BBC, seeing the net bulge every 104 minutes - Cristiano is currently scoring one every 119, Benzema a goal every 149 and Bale one every 173. "I spoke to Zidane and he told me I was going to be an important player and that I would play a lot," was the promise Madrid coach Zinedine Zidane made to Morata to convince him to return to Los Blancos from Juventus. Unfortunately for the Spaniard, he has only had more game-time than Pepe, Asensio, Danilo, James, Mariano and Yáñez in a 24-man squad, and that number is even more damning given Bale's absence in35% of Madrid's games through injury. The numbers speak for themselves.
- Roque Mesa1007Passes
*Update 12 de marzo de 2017
Recommended in English
- GLOBAL NEWS How much money has baby shark made?
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Francisco Gento, ‘The Gale of the Cantabrian Sea’
- NFL Seahawks fire defensive coordinator Ken Norton Jr.
- NFL Joe Burrow: Winning playoff games the standard to meet for the Bengals
- NFL What is Aaron Rodgers' record against the 49ers?
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid's big question: how to fit Erling Haaland and Kylian Mbappé into the same team