Lack of confidence from Luis Enrique
The change of system at Barcelona, from 4-3-3 to 3-4-3, has seen regular first teamer Jordi Alba dropped to the bench by Luis Enrique. And while away on international duty with Spain, the talented left-back has been talking about the confidence installed in him by national manager Julen Lopetegui.
"I have the complete confidence of the boss here, which for me is a compliment and fills me with confidence, something I'm not having at Barcelona, which maybe I'd like to have."
The manager makes the decisions
The defender was quick to state that he is not questioning the decisions being made by his club manager: "When I was playing, I didn't ask for explanations, and I won't do that now, either."
"All players want to have continuity, to have minutes," he continued. "It's true that in recent seasons I've played a greater role, but those are the manager's decisions.
"I think I can play with three defenders. I'm capable of doing that. Obviously my strength is going up and down the wing and that is what has given me the opportunity to play for the national team and at Barcelona. But in the end it's the gaffer who decides so I have to bring out the best in myself to be able to play in any system."
Follow the coverage match of World Cup 2018 qualifier : Spain vs Israel
Te recomendamos en English
- BOXING Woodley gets ‘I love Jake Paul’ tattoo, wants rematch
- US NEWS What is the meaning of racketeering? How long is a racketeering charge sentence?
- Porter agrees to max extension with Nuggets
- SOCIAL SECURITY BENEFITS What qualifies a child for social security benefits?
- NBA Philadelphia 76ers Morey says there is 'hope' for reconciliation with Ben Simmons
- MLB Yankees move ahead as the AL Wild Card chase enters final furlong