Carlo Ancelotti has both good and bad news leading up to the Champions League quarter-final clash with Real Madrid. The good news for the Bayern Munich coach is that Robert Lewandowski and Douglas Costa both played in the 4-1 victory over Borussia Dortmund, and emerged unscathed.
Neuer and Hummels are doubts
The bad news is that Manuel Neuer has not yet returned to training, and Mats Hummels had to withdraw from training with a sore ankle. Thomas Müller did not feature against Dortmund, but looks set to return for the Real Madrid match on Wednesday.
Neuer is recovering from an operation on his left foot. Ancelotti was initially hopeful that he would return in time for the first leg of the Real Madrid tie, but he may have suffered a setback, given that he is yet to train with his teammates.
Hummels awaits prognosis
Hummels replaced Javi Martínez in the 79th minute of Bayern’s romping victory in Der Klassiker. Yet, in training on Sunday, he left the pitch on a stretcher in visible discomfort. The centre half clashed with a teammate, and is awaiting further investigation to determine the extent of his injury.
Te recomendamos en English
- UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS In which states did unemployment claims increase last week?
- CONSTITUTION DAY When was the US Constitution signed?
- US NEWS How will Biden respond to the wave of migrants gathered under a Texas bridge?
- NFL New York Giants 29 vs 33 Washington Football Team summary: score, stats, highlights | NFL Week 2
- NFL Nick Gates breaks leg, New York Giants offensive linesman suffers fracture vs Washington
- MLB Angels’ Ohtani’s arm sore, may miss rest of season as pitcher