Lionel Messi scored his 500th goal for Barcelona in spectacular fashion on Sunday evening at the Santiago Bernabéu. With El Clásico headed for a 2-2 draw, Messi finished a swift Barça attack with aplomb, before removing his shirt and holding it up to the Madrid crowd. As if they weren't already, begrudgingly, aware of who he is.
'Thank you Leo'
This evening, before the match against Osasuna, Barcelona fans showed their appreciation. As the teams gathered to emerge on to the pitch, the culés raised a huge display, with 'Gracias Leo for the 500 goals' (Gràcies Leo pels 500 gols) written on it. There was a standing ovation for the Argentine.
Not long before 501
It did not take Lionel Messi long to move on to 501 goals. He opened the scoring against Osasuna in the 13th minute, seizing upon a defensive mistake before dinking the ball over the 'keeper.
The Barcelona fans celebrated by holding their shirts up to Messi, a nod to his Clásico celebration.
- Roque Mesa1007Passes
*Update 26 de abril de 2017
Te recomendamos en English
- SOCIAL SECURITY How many people will benefit from the Social Security increase in Texas?
- NFL Watt joins long list of players out for Packers vs Cardinals game
- International Soccer Mexico 2-3 Ecuador summary: score, goals, highlights, exhibition match
- SOCCER Ronald Koeman fired from FC Barcelona: who are the possible coaches that could replace him?
- Jokic won't miss extended time after knee injury vs. Jazz Tuesday
- MLB Braves vs. Astros live online, scores, stats and updates: World Series Game 2