Morata: Real Madrid striker recalls Casillas practical joke
In an interview with Real Madrid TV, Álvaro Morata looked back on a prank involving club legend Iker Casillas and then-coach José Mourinho.
Real Madrid's Álvaro Morata has recalled a practical joke played on him by then-club captain Iker Casillas when the striker was still a first-team newbie.
Casillas pranks first-team rookie Morata
Speaking to Real Madrid TV, Morata recounted the wind-up that left him red-faced in front of Los Blancos' coach at the time, José Mourinho.
"Once, after I had taken part in only two or three training sessions, Iker came over and said: 'Hey, Álvaro, the boss wants to talk to you, go and see him.'
"So I opened the door and said: 'What's up?'
"'What do you mean, what's up?'
"'Didn't you want to talk to me?'
"'Get out of here,' he [Mourinho] replied. They [the other players] were in stitches."
Real youth product Morata, who made his senior debut in 2010, also told the interview that Marcelo would quip that the rookie had his "head in the clouds".
Morata could depart Real Madrid this summer
Casillas may have pranked the newbies when he was an old-timer, but when he was a youngster at the club he managed to get himself a reputation as being tight-fisted, when he 'diddled' Fernando Hierro out of 30 euros.
- Roque Mesa1007Passes
*Update 5 de mayo de 2017
Te recomendamos en English
- LABOR NEWS Will Wisconsin's child labor reform bill become law?
- NFL Tom Brady sets record with 600th touchdown pass
- MLB How many times have the Atlanta Braves and Dallas Astros won the World Series?
- NFL How and where to watch Bears vs. Bucs
- NFL New York Jets vs New England Patriots summary: score, goals, highlights | NFL today
- NFL Chicago Bears 3 vs 38 Patriots summary: score, stats, highlights | NFL Week 7