Lassana Diarra: ex-Real Madrid man joins UAE side Al Jazira
The 32-year-old, whose former clubs also include Premier League teams Chelsea, Arsenal and Portsmouth, left Ligue 1 side Marseille in February.Marseille - PSG live online
Former Real Madrid player Lassana Diarra, who parted company with Marseille in February, has signed for Al Jazira in the United Arab Emirates.
"I'm joining Al Jazira, champions of the UAE," the 32-year-old midfielder told the Journal du Dimanche newspaper.
"I'll prepare in the United States before doing a pre-season with the squad from June."
Diarra: I'm still available for France duty
Diarra, capped 34 times by France, has also played for Chelsea, Arsenal and Portsmouth, as well as Anzhi Makhachkala and Lokomotiv Moscow in the Russian league.
The Paris-born player insisted he remained available for France, citing the example of Andre-Pierre Gignac, who has been picked despite moving to Mexico.
"I'm joining a championship that is little seen, but if the [French] coach calls me up, I'll come and give a hand with pleasure."
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL Rodgers, Jones give Green Bay first win of season: NFL Week 2 ratings
- NFL Who won Monday Night Football in NFL Week 2?
- NFL The NFL taunting rule is here to stay amidst criticism
- USMNT Sergiño Dest struggled in his return to Barcelona’s starting XI
- BARCELONA Barcelona: Ronald Koeman sacking a matter of when, not if
- Barcelona have to be more united than ever, says Ter Stegen