Galatasaray eye up Álvaro Negredo
The Middlesbrough striker has piqued the interest of the Turkish giant, as has Jackson Martínez. Galatasaray sporting director will travel to Madrid.
Galatasaray are looking to Álvaro Negredo as a replacement for Lukas Podolski, who is leaving for Visel Kobe in Japan.
Galatasaray director to visit Madrid
The Turkish press have stated that the club have already made contact with Juanma López, Negredo’s representative, and Luiz Henrique Pompeo, the agent of Jackson Martínez. Dursun Ozbek, the president of the Istanbul, did not deny his interest in both players.
The club’s sporting director, Cenk Ergun, has confirmed to AS that he will travel to Madrid in the near future. He preferred not to comment on the possible transfer of Negredo, only stating that he will travel to various cities, and Madrid is one of those. That said, it is fair to assume that he will discuss Negredo’s future with Juanma López.
Álvaro Negredo has spent this season on loan at Middlesbrough from Valencia, scoring nine Premier League goals as the Teeside were relegated from the Premier League.
Coentrao not a priority
Galatasaray’s sporting director also spoke about reported interest in Real Madrid’s Fabio Coentrao: “Our priorities do not lie in the left-back position. First of all, we will look for players in the positions that we need.”
Te recomendamos en English
- UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS In which states did unemployment claims increase last week?
- CONSTITUTION DAY When was the US Constitution signed?
- US NEWS How will Biden respond to the wave of migrants gathered under a Texas bridge?
- NFL New York Giants 29 vs 33 Washington Football Team summary: score, stats, highlights | NFL Week 2
- NFL Nick Gates breaks leg, New York Giants offensive linesman suffers fracture vs Washington
- MLB Angels’ Ohtani’s arm sore, may miss rest of season as pitcher