Koke extends Atlético Madrid contract to 2024
The midfielder will remain at the club he joined as an eight-year-old with whom he has made 323 official appearances.
Koke Resurreción will continue with Atlético Madrid until 2024. The Rojiblanco youth graduate, who joined the club when he was just eight years old, is a basic piece of Simeone’s set-up and has clocked 323 games in official competition for the first team despite still being only 25. During those games he has scored 28 goals and created another 76 – the most recent, to set up Fernando Torres in the final game at the Vicente Calderón.
Koke thrilled to be staying with lifelong club Atleti
The Atlético No.6 told the club’s web page: “Atleti is the club of my life and it’s an honour to be part of its future”. Director of Sport José Luis Caminero added: “It’s fantastic news for all the Atléticos. Koke personifies what it is to be an Atlético. He is a very supportive player with the group, who works tirelessly, has the highest quality and an enormous desire for self-improvement. He is one of this team’s leaders and has grown up since very young with the values of our Academy, so knowing that he will continue with us for many more years is the best of news".
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 medal count updates: who has won more? Tally by country, today, 30 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SOCCER USWNT: How many Olympic medals does Carli Lloyd have?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Alexander-Arnold signs long-term extension with Liverpool
- OLYMPIC GAMES | TRACK AND FIELD How many olympic medals has Allyson Felix won in her career?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SOCCER USWNT 2(4)-2(2) Netherlands summary: score, goals, highlights | Tokyo Olympics 2020
- Olympic Games Zverev sorry for sinking Djokovic's Golden Slam hopes