Rafa Nadal took another step closer to a 10th French Open with a ruthless 6-0, 6-1, 6-0 third-round thrashing of Georgia's Nikoloz Basilashvili on Friday.
Nadal romps to win in 100th best-of-five clay match
Fourth seed Nadal eased to the most one-sided victory of his Roland Garros career as his 63rd-ranked opponent, who was playing his first match on Court Philippe Chatrier, was struck down by stagefright.
Basilashvili, 25, hit just five winners and committed 34 unforced errors in a 90-minute horror show.
It was the 100th best-of-five-set match on clay that Nadal had played in his career. His record now stands at 98-2, with his only two losses coming at Roland Garros.
Bautista Agut up next for Nadal
"Perfection? I don't know about that," said Nadal, who goes on to meet fellow Spaniard Roberto Bautista Agut for a place in the quarter-finals.
Recommended in English
- Coronavirus Is armpit pain after the covid vaccine or booster shot a normal symptom?
- SOCCER Mohamed Salah sends message to Barcelona
- MLS Jesse Marsch linked to LAFC job after being sacked by RB Leipzig
- USMNT Christian Pulisic explains struggle on the road to recovery
- MANCHESTER UNITED Man United manager Rangnick delivers a 'chapeau' to Ronaldo work-rate
- NBA Did the Bucks' Giannis Antetokounmpo miss the game against Miami Heat?