Abdelhak Nouri collapses with heart problem
The Ajax player lost conciousness during the friendly and was evacuated in a helicopter. He is in a stable condition in hospital.
Abdelhak Nouri, who plays for Ajax, collapsed and lost consciousness in the 71st minute of their friendly match against Werder Bremen on Saturday, due to a heart problem.
Nouri evacuated in helicopter
Two ambulances were sent directly on to the pitch to attend the stricken player, with doctors opening the player's shirt to carry out cardiac massage. Nouri was then evacuated by helicopter directly to hospital.
Ajax posted on Twitter in Dutch that the player had suffered a severe cardiac arrhythmia, but was in a stable condition in hospital. "There was an alteration to the [player's] cardiac rhythm. He's stable, he has a pulse and is asleep".
Abdelhak Nouri has become unwell today during our friendly match vs Werder Bremen. After a successful reanimation on the pitch... (1/2)— AFC Ajax (English) (@AFCAjax_EN) 8 July 2017
Ajax - Werder Bremen suspended
The game, which Werder Bremen were winning 2-1, was immediately suspended, and the spectators were asked to leave the ground, with the players showing signs of shock and distress.
Promising talent Nouri
20 year old Abdelhak Nouri is set to start his first full season with the Ajax first team, after a great year with Jong Alex, the reserve side, who finished runners-up in the second division. He scored 10 goals and set up 11 for them, while also turning out on occasion for the first team.
'Appie' made his debut in the first team last 21 September against Willem II, scoring a superb free-kick within 15 minutes of taking the pitch. He's played 9 top flight league games, 3 in the Europa League and 3 in the Cup.
Te recomendamos en English
- El Clásico Who is José María Sánchez Martínez, the referee for El Clásico 2021 Barcelona - Real Madrid?
- LALIGA Barcelona vs Real Madrid: injured and sanctioned players for El Clásico 2021
- Serie A Allegri dubs Inter title favourites ahead of Derby d'Italia
- NBA Nash cheers Nets first win: "It'll take a while, it won't be pretty"
- MLB Astros never doubted they would beat Red Sox admits Baker
- EL CLASICO Which player has scored the most goals in El Clásico history? All time top scorers