Neymar has accepted an offer from PSG, according to the Brazilian publication Esporte Interactivo.
PSG to meet Neymar's release clause
Marcelo Bechler, a journalist at Esporte, has stated that the player will move to Paris in the coming weeks. He wrote on Twitter: "Neymar accepts PSG's proposal. The French club will pay the €200m".
Neymar aceita proposta do PSG. Clube francês pagará os 222 milhões de euros. Em instantes mais detalhes no @Esp_Interativo— Marcelo Bechler (@marcelobechler) 18 July 2017
Neymar's release clause is €222m. PSG would need to meet that figure in order to sign the player. As a result, if the move goes through, the Brazilian would become the most expensive player in history by a considerable margin.
Barcelona were remaining calm
An atmosphere of calmness and confidence was emanating from within the club itself. On Tuesday, the same day that Esporte broke the story, Jordi Mestre, Barça's sporting vice-president, declared himself "200% sure" that Neymar would stay.
Mestre's assurance came one day after club spokesman Josep Vives played down rumours of Neymar's departure. The 25-year-old arrived from Santos in 2013.
Recommended in English
- BOXING Fury tells Whyte to "step up and take beating" as fight talks go on
- NFL New York Giants sticking with Jones, rule out Watson move
- NFC Chiefs injury report: Tyrann Mathieu in concussion protocol
- NFL NFL free agency 2022: the five best available quarterbacks
- NFL An Eagle no more: Brandon Brooks retires
- NFL Kwesi Adofo-Mensah all set to be named Vikings GM