Neymar has accepted an offer from PSG, according to the Brazilian publication Esporte Interactivo.
PSG to meet Neymar's release clause
Marcelo Bechler, a journalist at Esporte, has stated that the player will move to Paris in the coming weeks. He wrote on Twitter: "Neymar accepts PSG's proposal. The French club will pay the €200m".
Neymar aceita proposta do PSG. Clube francês pagará os 222 milhões de euros. Em instantes mais detalhes no @Esp_Interativo— Marcelo Bechler (@marcelobechler) 18 July 2017
Neymar's release clause is €222m. PSG would need to meet that figure in order to sign the player. As a result, if the move goes through, the Brazilian would become the most expensive player in history by a considerable margin.
Barcelona were remaining calm
An atmosphere of calmness and confidence was emanating from within the club itself. On Tuesday, the same day that Esporte broke the story, Jordi Mestre, Barça's sporting vice-president, declared himself "200% sure" that Neymar would stay.
Mestre's assurance came one day after club spokesman Josep Vives played down rumours of Neymar's departure. The 25-year-old arrived from Santos in 2013.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL Rodgers taunts Bears fans: "All my f****** life I own you" after Packers win
- NFL Browns QB Mayfield dislocates shoulder again but expects to play Thursday
- SERIE A Johan Vásquez scores in his Serie A debut with Genoa
- REAL MADRID Benzema has his eyes set on this year's Ballon d'Or
- SOCCER | REAL MADRID Mbappé looks to follow Ronaldo's path at Real Madrid
- NBA Simmons returns to 76ers practice, will play 'when he's ready'