Cristiano Ronaldo jetted into Singapore for a flying visit to Valencia owner Peter Lim and his family on Friday on his way to a media event in China.
Ronaldo visits Lim's daughter
Dozens of fans and journalists swarmed the Real Madrid forward but were held back by security as the world footballer of the year dropped by a private hospital to visit Lim's daughter, Kim, and her newborn baby.
In the hospital lobby, burly bodyguards ushered Ronaldo past fans jostling with media for a picture of their hero, while others who had brought paraphernalia hoping for autographs were left disappointed. He was later smuggled out of a separate exit.
Ronaldo was due to sign an endorsement deal and meet Singaporean billionaire Lim for dinner later in the day. No details of the endorsement deal were released.
Cristiano on his way to China for Mint Media event
Lim is the owner of Hong Kong-based Mint Media, which controls all image rights for Ronaldo, except those relating to Real Madrid. Lim's publicists said Ronaldo is on his way to China for a Mint Media event.
Lim bought cash-strapped Valencia in 2014, giving it a fresh injection of funds and bringing new management. But the Spanish club has struggled to turn its fortunes around, with Lim's management under severe criticism from the club's fan base.
He has hired six coaches in the past two years and Valencia's Singaporean chairwoman Layhoon Chan stepped down earlier this month.
Te recomendamos en English
- PREMIER LEAGUE Man City had "considerable chance" to land Ronaldo, says Fernandinho
- CORONAVIRUS | MANDATES How many Americans does Biden's vaccine mandate apply to?
- NFL NFL Fantasy Picks: Recommendations for Week 2
- NFL Baltimore's Jackson says Sunday's game vs. KC "not about me and Mahomes"
- NFL Cowboys lose fourth starter in a week after Lawrence breaks foot
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Real Madrid player ratings vs Inter Milan