Neymar storms out of Barcelona training after bust-up with Semedo
The Brazilian and the Portuguese almost went to blows as speculation over Neymar's future spilled onto the training pitch in the United StatesChelsea - Barcelona U - 19 live: UEFA Youth League final
The tension that surrounds Neymar's position at Barcelona in the last few days seems to have taken itself onto the field. With speculation and scrutiny on Barcelona's every move, it reached boiling point in the United States on Friday when a collision between Neymar and new signing Nelson Semedo turned nasty.
The images show Neymar take exception to a challenge by Semedo and has to be restrained by his teammates. Semedo, who knows better, walks off but the Brazilian tries to follow him only to be pulled back by Sergio Busquets. The 25-year-old then takes off his training bib, throws it to the ground and leaves the session while kicking footballs that lay in his wake out of frustration.
Barcelona expect Neymar to go public in the next few hours about his future with plenty of reports suggesting an agreement with the player and PSG being reached. He has pulled out of publicity events in Asia due to transfer work being carried out and it is unclear at present as to what he plans on doing.
Te recomendamos en English
- RYDER CUP 2021 Ryder Cup 2021 full schedule: participants, match dates, and times
- NFL Panthers at Texans: Fantasy Start ‘ems and Sit ‘ems
- REAL MADRID Mbappé: 100 days until PSG star can negotiate with Real Madrid
- Nagelsmann on Rudiger to Bayern rumours: I'll have to see if I have any money in my wallet!
- 76ers and Doc Rivers want to convince Ben Simmons to stay amid trade talk
- MLB MLB round-up: Cardinals extend streak, Rays clinch playoff berth