Neymar storms out of Barcelona training after bust-up with Semedo
The Brazilian and the Portuguese almost went to blows as speculation over Neymar's future spilled onto the training pitch in the United StatesChelsea - Barcelona U - 19 live: UEFA Youth League final
The tension that surrounds Neymar's position at Barcelona in the last few days seems to have taken itself onto the field. With speculation and scrutiny on Barcelona's every move, it reached boiling point in the United States on Friday when a collision between Neymar and new signing Nelson Semedo turned nasty.
The images show Neymar take exception to a challenge by Semedo and has to be restrained by his teammates. Semedo, who knows better, walks off but the Brazilian tries to follow him only to be pulled back by Sergio Busquets. The 25-year-old then takes off his training bib, throws it to the ground and leaves the session while kicking footballs that lay in his wake out of frustration.
Barcelona expect Neymar to go public in the next few hours about his future with plenty of reports suggesting an agreement with the player and PSG being reached. He has pulled out of publicity events in Asia due to transfer work being carried out and it is unclear at present as to what he plans on doing.
Recommended in English
- NBA Juancho recalls tough times at Boston: "There was no room for me"
- NFL PFWA selects three Chiefs for All-Rookie Team Honors
- Soccer Real Madrid's Rodrygo wants World Cup glory with Brazil
- AFCON Mané taken to hospital after head injury blow at AFCON
- NFL Lakers 106 vs. 96 Nets summary: stats, scores, and highlights | NBA
- MLB Big Papi only player elected to Hall of Fame