Mariano Diaz handed the No.9 shirt at Olympique Lyon
The former Real Madrid striker has been handed his squad number for the new season. He could play a decisive role for Lyon this term.
Former Real Madrid striker Mariano Díaz joined Olympique Lyon a month ago but has only been assigned a squad number today by Bruno Genesio's team.
The 24-year-old, who signed for Lyon on a five-year contract at the end of June, will take the number 9 shirt which implies that he will be a first choice starter this season. Mariano didn't enjoy the best of debuts - he was in the starting line-up against Inter Milan but didn't find the net and the team ended up losing by the minimum. The French league campaign starts this week with Lyon meeting RC Strasbourg on the opening day.
Te recomendamos en English
- BOXING Woodley gets ‘I love Jake Paul’ tattoo, wants rematch
- US NEWS What is the meaning of racketeering? How long is a racketeering charge sentence?
- Porter agrees to max extension with Nuggets
- SOCIAL SECURITY BENEFITS What qualifies a child for social security benefits?
- NBA Philadelphia 76ers Morey says there is 'hope' for reconciliation with Ben Simmons
- MLB Yankees move ahead as the AL Wild Card chase enters final furlong