"Dembélé is going nowhere if Barça don't match our price"
Borussia Dortmund sporting director Michael Zorc has said the club will stand firm on the forward unless the Camp Nou "meets our demands."
Michael Zorc, Borussia Dortmund’s sporting director, has warned wantaway forward Ousmane Dembélé that the club will not be held to ransom as the 20-year-old France international agitates for a move to Barcelona.
"Our position on the player is clear,” Zorc told Sky Sports. “If [the fee] is met, Dembélé will be sold this summer. If it is not, he will stay here. We are not going to wait until the last day [of the transfer window]. As things stand, there has been no offer that would allow us to make that transfer.”
Dortmund want €100m for Dembéle
Dembélé has been training alone after failing to turn up for a scheduled session, leading Dortmund to suspend the France international from all first-team activities indefinitely. The Bundesliga club are holding out for a fee in the region of 100 million euros for the highly rated forward.
Recommended in English
- US NEWS When did Cyber Monday originate? What is Cyber Monday?
- NFL What is the Dallas Cowboys best record in franchise history?
- NFL Seattle vs. Washington live online: stats, scores and highlights | NFL Week 11
- SOCCER Which players have won the most Ballons d'Or?
- Belichick vindicated once more as Jackson builds DPOY case
- BALLO D'OR When did Messi win all of his Ballon d'Or awards? Seasons and stats