Fabian Orellana not entirely thrilled about joining Leganés
Getafe have pulled out of the race to sign the Chilean, leaving just one offer from Leganés. Orellana could end up staying at Valencia.
Time is running out for Valencia's Fabián Orellana to find a club where he will enjoy a more prominent role. The Chilean knows that he doesn't figure in Marcelino's plans - the coach has said as much on several ocassions. Today will be a key day in the midfielder's future - especially since Getafe withdrew from the race to sign him, according to Deportes COPE.
Leganés offer not appealing to Orellana
With Getafe out of the frame, that leaves just Leganés with an offer on the table for Orellana. The problem is that the player does not want to spend the new season at Butarque with Asier Garitano's team. But he hasn't received any other offers and if he refuses to join the Pepineros, he will likely spend the rest of campaign watching Valencia from the stands, or at best from the subs' bench.
Orellana joined Valencia last summer from Celta to breathe some life into a team in freefall. He didn't perform badly and indeed was one of the key players who saved the team from seeing a nighmare season go from bad to worse as Voro steered the side out of the relegation places. But his style is at odds with Marcelino's system and since the coach came in, Valencia have been looking for an outlet for him.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Why is the social security Cost-of-Living Adjustment for 2022 projected at 6.0% to 6.1%?
- NFL Injury struck Baltimore Ravens face the Kansas City Chiefs
- Emmy Awards 2021 How are Emmy awards chosen?
- EMMY AWARDS 2021 2021 Emmy Awards: Times, TV, how to stream and watch online
- PREMIER LEAGUE Liverpool's Klopp gives lowdown after win over Crystal Palace
- LIGUE 1 PSG vs Lyon, how and where to watch - Messi home debut, times, TV, online