Ronaldo: "Of course we want to win the Champions League, it's Real Madrid's competition"
Cristiano Ronaldo spoke to UEFA after he put in a man of the match performance against APOEL Nicosia, scoring twice, on his return to official action for Real Madrid.
Analysis of the game: "It was a game that we really needed to win. We were at home and wanted to start the Champions League well. We knew that we would be up against a very defensive side. We could have scored more goals but in the end, it's a good result. We finished well and we are happy with that."
Return to action: "I am happy returning to play. This is a very distinct competition and to start playing and scoring goal was very important for me. I contributed to the victory and that makes me feel good."
Favourites to win the tournament: "It is a very long competition and we have to take it game by game. First we will play the group stages and then we will see. But, for sure, we want to win the Champions League. It is Real Madrid's competition."
Recommended in English
- NFL Joe Burrow: Winning playoff games the standard to meet for the Bengals
- NFL What is Aaron Rodgers' record against the 49ers?
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid's big question: how to fit Erling Haaland and Kylian Mbappé into the same team
- US NEWS Which fast food restaurants accept EBT food stamps?
- 2022 TAX SEASON Are the tax brackets the same if I am retired?
- NFL Titans could activate RB Derrick Henry ahead of Bengals clash