Benatti: Wife of ex-rugby player reportedly kills couple's children
The wife of ex-Italy player Andrea Benatti is believed to have murdered their two children, aged two and five, before attempting suicideRyder Cup 2018 final day: Europe vs USA, Sunday singles
Italian rugby is in a state of shock after the wife of former international player Andrea Benatti reportedly murdered the couple's two children on Thursday before attempting to commit suicide.
Son, five, and daughter, two, left dead
According to local reports, Antonella Barbieri first killed their two-year-old daughter by smothering her with a pillow, then stabbed their son, five, to death.
Benatti's wife in hospital after attempting suicide
Barbieri was later discovered with a knife in her abdomen, having apparently tried to take her own life, and is now in hospital in Reggio Emilia, northern Italy, with her condition said to be serious but not life-threatening.
Benatti, who retired from professional rugby in 2011 having won five caps for Italy, was out at work when the events took place, Italian media say.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL NFL's Jeff Pash and WFT's Bruce Allen implicated in email investigation
- FIFA 22 FIFA 22 Road to the Knockouts: player cards and how to upgrade them
- MEDICARE What if I miss the Medicare deadline?
- NFL Do NFL teams have their own planes? How do they travel to away games?
- NFL Why do NFL players paint under their eyes?
- QATAR 2022 When does the 2022 FIFA World Cup start? Opening game and final dates