The Gaku-Inui derby scheduled for Japanese TV audience
The LaLiga match between Getafe and Eibar will see two Japanese players take to the field, and the match has been scheduled with that in mind.
The LaLiga match between Getafe and Eibar on Saturday will see two Japanese players go up against each other. Gaku will pull on the blue shirt of the home team, while Inui will line up for the Basque visitors.
Gaku vs Inui prime time
LaLiga has already taken advantage of potential interest in the Far East by scheduling the match at 13:00 (CET). In Japan, it will kick off at 21:00, precisely at prime time. Both players have significant followings in their home country, leading to fervent expectation for an otherwise run-of-the-mill fixture.
Gaku succumbed to a metatarsal injury on 16 September in a match against Barcelona after scoring a spectacular opening goal at the Coliseum Alfonso Pérez. After an operation on 2 October, Gaku has been training with the squad at Getafe for several weeks.
The 25-year-old arrived on the outskirts of Madrid following a short spell at Tenerife. He previously impressed for Kashima Antlers in a 2016 Club World Cup match against Real Madrid.
Inui a LaLiga record holder
Inui is the Japenese footballer who has played the most matches in the Primera División (69).
He arrived at Eibar in 2015 after a spell at Eintracht Frankfurt, and also turned out for Bochum in the Bundesliga.
Te recomendamos en English
- BOXING Woodley gets ‘I love Jake Paul’ tattoo, wants rematch
- US NEWS What is the meaning of racketeering? How long is a racketeering charge sentence?
- Porter agrees to max extension with Nuggets
- SOCIAL SECURITY BENEFITS What qualifies a child for social security benefits?
- NBA Philadelphia 76ers Morey says there is 'hope' for reconciliation with Ben Simmons
- MLB Yankees move ahead as the AL Wild Card chase enters final furlong