Yerry Mina: "I want to go to Barça now"
The Colombia international has told his club, Palmeiras, of his position as negotiations continue for his transfer to the LaLiga leaders.
Yerry Mina has told Palmeiras that he wants to join Barcelona immediately, Globoesporte reports. The two clubs could complete an €11 million transfer within the next few hours.
Mina makes his position clear to Palmeiras
"I want to leave now," is the phrase that the Colombian centre-half said to Alexandre Mattos - the sporting director at Palmeiras - who had previously intended to retain the player until the summer.
"I spoke with Mina, who says he has big dreams and that now is the time to leave. Now that we now his desire, it's the time to reach an agreement with Barcelona. If they come to us with the figure we have asked for, Mina will go. If not, he'll stay at Palmeiras," Mattos added.
Barcelona have a clause in place for the summer
Barça have an option in place to buy Mina in July for €9 million, but that clause is not valid in the January transfer window, according to the Brazilian club. Barcelona have subsequently increased their offer, but not enough to please Palmeiras. It is thought that the deal will eventually close at around €11 million.
Recommended in English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: $200 Social Security, tax return, Child Tax Credit, Golden State payment...
- NFL Cardinals 11 vs. 34 Rams summary: scores, stats and highlights | NFL Playoffs
- NFL Raiders part ways with general manager Mike Maycock
- NFL The insufferable Superb Owl jokes: a rant
- PACO GENTO 1933-2022 Real Madrid legend Paco Gento passes away aged 88
- AFCON Salima Mukansanga to lead all-female officiating AFCON line-up