Anthony Joshua unimpressed by Parker trash talk: "He'll be respectful after I whoop him"
Ahead of their unification bout, Anthony Joshua said of Joseph Parker. "He's not a respectable type of person. I won't shake his hand."
Anthony Joshua has accused Joseph Parker of lacking respect and says he will not shake the New Zealander's hand after he wins their unification bout.
Joshua and Parker to fight in Cardiff
It was confirmed on Sunday that Joshua and Parker, who are each unbeaten in the professional ranks, will put their respective heavyweight belts on the line in Cardiff on March 31.
Parker believes he has been underestimated by the Londoner and has questioned Joshua's chin while threatening to give his rival a "huge shock".
A seemingly unimpressed Joshua told Sky Sports: "In sports you've got the likes of Roger Federer, Andy Murray, Lewis Hamilton, Cristiano Ronaldo, [Lionel] Messi, LeBron James, and then you've got people like Joseph Parker, so he's not a respectable type of person, he can't control himself.
"But that's just how it is. You've got to accept people for who they are. If that's how he wants to plan his shot, we let him crack on.
"He'll be respectful after I whoop him. He might try to shake my hand. I won't shake his hand though."
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021: medal winners, athletes and results, 24 July
- AMERICAN RESCUE PLAN How much money can you get from stimulus checks and the Child Tax Credit?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: medal count, athletes and results, today 24 July
- Olympic Games Since when is skate an olympic sport and why?
- OLYMPIC GAMES What is the USA basketball roster for the 2021 Tokyo Olympic Games?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USWNT bounce back in crushing 6-1 New Zealand win