Paulinho another injury worry for Ernesto Valverde
The Brazilian was replaced in the second half as he signalled to the bench that he had hurt his right leg and will have tests on Thursday to find out how bad it is.
Paulinho was withdrawn in the second half of the Espanyol game having suffered an injury to his right leg. He retired to the bench after 54 minutes and placed ice on the injury with word of how long he will be out for still not known.
The injuries are piling up for Ernesto Valverde as Samuel Umtiti, Paco Alcacer and Philippe Coutinho are still not ready to return to the Barcelona squad. Mascherano also withdrew from the Espanyol game with muscular problems and Ousmane Dembele remains out for up to a month with an injury also.
The Brazilian, who has more goals than any other central midfielder in LaLiga this season, will undergo tests on Thursday to find out the source of the issue and how long he might be out for.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL 49ers LB Dre Greenlaw out for 4-6 weeks due to groin injury
- National Football League second week breakdown
- BAYERN MUNICH "Magician", "the next Neymar": new Bayern starlet draws lofty praise
- PREMIER LEAGUE Despite posting losses Woodward confident that Man Utd are 'on right track'
- PREMIER LEAGUE Premier League: match-day 5, bullet point preview
- NBA Real Madrid's Demin, Duru among youngsters tipped for NBA