Super Bowl LII: Bouchard agrees to another date with fan
NFL Canada played Cupid on Twitter to set up another Super Bowl-based date between tennis star Eugenie Bouchard and student John GoehrkeNFL Live: All the scores, injuries and action from week 2
Eugenie Bouchard and Twitter date John Goehrke are to celebrate a year since their famous Super Bowl bet after NFL Canada invited her to the showdown in Minneapolis next month.
Bouchard kept date promise after Patriots comeback
During Super Bowl LI last year, University of Missouri student Goehrke took to Twitter and asked tennis star Bouchard to agree to a date if the New England Patriots, trailing 28-3 at one stage, came back to beat the Atlanta Falcons.
Tom Brady inspired the Patriots to a remarkable fightback and Bouchard kept her word as she and Goehrke attended a Brooklyn Nets game shortly afterwards.
And NFL Canada played matchmaker ahead of Superb Bowl LII between the Patriots and the Philadelphia Eagles, inviting Bouchard and Goehrke to attend as their guests.
"Back to where it all began?! I'm in!"
"Hey, @geniebouchard and @punslayintwoods! Be our guests at #SBLII," read the post on Twitter.
Both parties were quick to agree, with the pair set to be reunited at U.S. Bank Stadium on 4 February.
"OMG. Back to where it all began?! And with the @Patriots too?! I'm in! What do you say @punslayintwoods?" replied Bouchard.
"This keeps getting better. I'm in!" came Goehrke's response.
This keeps getting better. I’m in! 😜 https://t.co/e8XHsX1XjQ— TW1 (@punslayintwoods) 23 January 2018
Te recomendamos en English
- BARCELONA Messi's numbers at Barcelona: appearances, goals, trophies...
- BARCELONA Messi leaves Barcelona, live updates: reactions, possible new club, details
- OLYMPIC GAMES | RACE WALKING Race walking at Tokyo Olympics 2021: rules, distances and courses
- OLYMPIC GAMES | BASKETBALL Tokyo Olympics 2021: Doncic explains assist-heavy display in France defeat
- OLYMPIC GAMES Gardiner takes 400m crown as Crouser defends his title
- OLYMPIC GAMES How long is a marathon? How far is it in miles?