Larry Nassar sentenced to 175 years in jail
Disgraced former USA Gymnastics doctor Larry Nassar was sentenced to 40 to 175 years in prison on Wednesday for sexually abusing athletes and patients for decades.
Disgraced former USA Gymnastics doctor Larry Nassar was sentenced to between 40 and 175 years in prison on Wednesday for sexually abusing athletes and patients for decades.
"Sir, I'm giving you 175 years, which is 2100 months. I just signed your death warrant," Michigan state judge Rosemarie Aquilina told Nassar in handing down the sentence.
More than 100 women and girls accused Nassar of a pattern of serial abuse, and have lashed out at top sporting officials for failing to stop him. They include the Olympic gold-medal winners Simone Biles, Aly Raisman, Gabby Douglas and McKayla Maroney.
"You do not deserve to walk outside of a prison ever again," Aquilina said, insisting that the doctor remained a danger.
"You have done nothing to control those urges, and anywhere you walk destruction will occur," she added.
Te recomendamos en English
- UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS In which states did unemployment claims increase last week?
- CONSTITUTION DAY When was the US Constitution signed?
- US NEWS How will Biden respond to the wave of migrants gathered under a Texas bridge?
- NFL New York Giants 29 vs 33 Washington Football Team summary: score, stats, highlights | NFL Week 2
- NFL Nick Gates breaks leg, New York Giants offensive linesman suffers fracture vs Washington
- MLB Angels’ Ohtani’s arm sore, may miss rest of season as pitcher