McGuane becomes third Englishman to play for Barcelona
Marcus McGuane joined Barcelona from Arsenal in the winter transfer window and made his debut in the Catalan Super Cup.
Marcus McGuane made his debut for the Barcelona first team this evening in the Supercopa de Catalunya against Espanyol, becoming the third English player to turn out for the club, after Jack Greenwell and Gary Lineker.
McGuane came on in the 75th minute for Aleñá. The game finished 0-0 and will be decided on penalties.
McGuane joined Barcelona from Arsenal in January
Marcus McGuane joined Barcelona from Arsenal for an undisclosed fee, with the 18 year old signing a contract that includes a release clause of €25million.
The midfielder, who had been at Arsenal since the age of six, made his first two senior appearances under manager Arsene Wenger in Europa League group-stage matches against BATE and Red Star Belgrade this season.
McGuane, an England youth international, joined Barca's B team with a view to earning a spot in the first-team squad in future.
"We would like to thank Marcus for his contribution and wish him well at Barcelona," Arsenal said in a statement.
Te recomendamos en English
- NBA NBA: Paul George seeking redemption with LA Clippers
- OLYMPIC GAMES Is Naomi Osaka playing at the 2021 Tokyo Olympics?
- UEFA UEFA scraps away-goals rule in European club competitions
- EURO 2020 Daei congratulates Ronaldo after star equals international goals record
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: can it be approved in June? Tax refund, $3,600 Child Tax Credit portal...
- GOLD CUP Is Alphonso Davies playing at the 2021 CONCACAF Gold Cup?