Wales dealt new blow with Baldwin out for the season
Wales suffered yet another injury setback ahead of their Six Nations campaign after squad hooker Scott Baldwin was ruled out for the rest of the season with a foot injury.
Wales suffered yet another injury setback ahead of their Six Nations campaign after squad hooker Scott Baldwin was ruled out for the rest of the season on Thursday with a foot injury.
Baldwin facing five months out
The Ospreys front row was among three hookers in the squad selected by coach Warren Gatland for the upcoming campaign, with Ken Owens starting in Saturday's Championship opener at home to Scotland and Elliot Dee on the bench at Cardiff's Principality Stadium.
Wales set to call up Scarlets hooker Ryan Elias amid fears Scott Baldwin is out for the seasonhttps://t.co/Mio1TG3W7i— WalesOnline Rugby (@WalesRugby) 1 February 2018
"Scott Baldwin has been released from Wales' NatWest 6 Nations squad due to a foot injury sustained in training", said a Welsh Rugby Union statement. "The injury will require surgery with a recovery time frame of at least five months. Scarlets hooker Ryan Elias, who made his international debut last summer, has been called into the squad".
Injuries have deprived Wales of several experienced internationals for the Scotland match, with Jonathan Davies, Dan Biggar, Rhys Webb, Taulupe Faletau and former captain Sam Warburton among those ruled out.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021: medal winners, athletes and results, 24 July
- AMERICAN RESCUE PLAN How much money can you get from stimulus checks and the Child Tax Credit?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: medal count, athletes and results, today 24 July
- Olympic Games Since when is skate an olympic sport and why?
- OLYMPIC GAMES What is the USA basketball roster for the 2021 Tokyo Olympic Games?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USWNT bounce back in crushing 6-1 New Zealand win