Depor: Sulley Muntari joins Seedorf's squad after trial period
The Ghana international has put pen to paper at Riazor after a two-week trial, with Clarence Seedorf swayed by injury to Fede Valverde.
After a fortnight of scrutiny and uncertainty, Deportivo La Coruña have announced that Sulley Muntari will join the club until the end of the season with an option for a further year.
Valverde injury leads Depor to Muntari
The 33-year-old Ghana international has been on trial in Galicia since February 9th. Depor's interest in making Muntari's stay permanent intensified when fellow midfielder Fede Valverde picked up a thigh injury in the defeat to Real Betis. Valverde will be injured for at least a month, prompting Seedorf to recruit Muntari in the squad place vacated by Alcorcón-bound winger Bruno Gama.
Depor face a tough run in LaLiga, with matches against Espanyol, Getafe, Eibar, Girona, and Las Palmas in the next few weeks.
Muntari - who played alongside Seedorf at AC Milan - is available for selection against Espanyol on Friday evening, having trained with the main group during the last week.
Te recomendamos en English
- Space Missions Where did the SpaceX capsule splashdown?
- NFL Colts vs Rams: Eric Fisher possible starter, coming back after Achilles surgery
- Not this one Jimmy Greaves 1940-2021: English football's greatest ever goalscorer
- Soccer Crisis at Manchester United: Solskjaer rejects Ferdinand's Ronaldo
- PREMIER LEAGUE West Ham vs Manchester United live online: scores, stats and updates, Premier League 2020/21
- NBA NBA star Giannis Antetokounmpo visits Greece with mother and brother