Barcelona need 25 more points to reclaim LaLiga from Real Madrid
No team has lost the title race after being eight points clear with 11 matches remaining. Barça will play six matches at Camp Nou, including El Clásico. LAFC vs LA Galaxy: Vela vs Zlatan live online, MLS week 25
“The confetti will start to come out again,” Ernesto Valverde warned after Lionel Messi’s free-kick sealed a 1-0 victory for Barcelona over Atlético Madrid at Camp Nou. The win moves Barça eight points clear at the top of the LaLiga table, yet they still need 25 more to mathematically secure the title.
Barcelona helped by favourable goal difference
If second-placed Atlético win every match between now and the end of the season they will finish the campaign with 94 points. Barça currently have 69 points. Given the Catalan side’s far superior goal difference, they need 25 points from their 11 remaining matches.
Barça will attempt to resolve the matter at Camp Nou. They have six matches on home soil (Athletic, Leganés, Valencia, Villarreal, Real Madrid, and Real Sociedad), and five on the road (Málaga, Sevilla, Celta, Deportivo, and Levante). Encouragingly for Barça, no side has ever let the LaLiga title slip from their grasp after having an eight-point advantage with 11 matches remaining.
Valverde chases Pep's records
Ernesto Valverde’s side is unlikely to equal the points total achieved by Pep Guardiola’s team in 2010-11; at the same stage that year Barcelona had 74 points, five more than the current side. Valverde is also four matches away from equaling Guardiola’s best run of 31 matches unbeaten.
Te recomendamos en English
- Latest News CBS News confused about location of La Palma volcano
- GAMING PlayStation State of Play 27 October 2021: Times and how to watch and stream
- SOCCER | BAYERN MUNICH Bayern Munich: Lucas Hernandez avoids jail time
- NBA | NUGGETS Nuggets optimistic NBA MVP Jokic's knee injury is not serious
- NBA NBA round-up: Westbrook and Davis lead LeBron-less Lakers to OT win, Warriors stay unbeaten
- NBA | LAKERS Westbrook: "I'm not used to people cheering for me on the road"