"Neymar? A fantasy transfer and nobody knows where it will end" - Valverde
Reports have linked Neymar with a sensational return to Barcelona after a single season at PSG, but Ernesto Valverde rejected speculation.
Ernesto Valverde says he does not know anything about reports Neymar could return to Barcelona.
The Brazilian has lit up Ligue 1 since leaving Barca for Paris Saint-Germain in August, becoming the world's most expensive player following the €222million deal.
But a broken foot ruled Neymar out of the second leg of a last-16 Champions League tie with Real Madrid, and the 26-year-old is also a doubt for the World Cup.
Reports have suggested Neymar is unsettled at PSG, with Madrid regularly linked to a move for the forward since he left LaLiga.
But Valverde rejected speculation Neymar could make a sensational return to Barcelona after a single season with PSG.
"We don't know where it's come from or where it's going to end," Valverde told reporters on Friday. "Let's not talk about hypothetical situations."
Valverde was also asked about Gremio midfielder Arthur, who is reportedly closing in on a €40m move to Camp Nou.
"Would he fit in? He plays for a different team, it would be absurd - we have a policy not to talk about players at other teams," Valverde said.
"To speak out of place would be taken out of context. He is a good player but he doesn't play for us, I'd rather speak about my own players."
Recommended in English
- NFL When and where is the 2021 Army vs Navy football game?
- NFL How can I get tickets to the 2021 Army-Navy game?
- NFL Who are Dallas Cowboys' most famous celebrity fans?
- SOCCER Mbappé: Real Madrid convinced PSG star's signing is in the bag
- PREMIER LEAGUE United's Rangnick points to defensive frailty in first press conference
- NBA Lakers' LeBron James returns to the lineup