Messi out of Málaga game due to 'personal reasons'
Lionel Messi will not play for Barcelona against Málaga in LaLiga despite being named in Ernesto Valverde's list for the game as Yerry Mina replaces him. USA vs Curaçao: Gold Cup live
Lionel Messi will not play for Barcelona against Malaga in LaLiga on Saturday night due to "personal reasons". Yerry Mina will take his place. Early reports suggests that Messi and his wife Antonella became a father last night for the third time.
Messi y Antonella han sido padres esta noche— Alfredo Martínez (@Alfremartinezz) March 10, 2018
The news came as a surprise given how keen the Argentine is to play every game when he is fit but given the Chelsea game and Messi's personal situation, it is slightly less shocking as Valverde might be only happy to give his talisman a rest.
Messi has started every game for Barcelona in the league this season except for one, against Espanyol when he came on as a sub.
[LAST MINUTE] Change to the squad. Messi is out for personal reasons and Yerry Mina takes his place— FC Barcelona (@FCBarcelona) March 10, 2018
Te recomendamos en English
- ENTERTAINMENT Global Citizen 2021 live online: singers, performances and concerts
- GOVERNMENT SHUTDOWN 2021 Why is the White House planning for a government shutdown?
- FOURTH STIMULUS CHECK Fourth stimulus check: how many signatures does the petition for the new payment have?
- SERIE A Honours even between Inter and Atalanta at San Siro
- PREMIER LEAGUE Enthralling Brentford-Liverpool clash ends with honours even
- SOCCER Man City: Guardiola "proud" after breaking record in Chelsea win