Iniesta edges closer to return
The Barça midfielder is expected to get the go-ahead to face Chelsea in the Champions League on Wednesday and is due to train with the rest of the azulgrana squad on Monday.
Barcelona midfielder Andrés Iniesta is edging closer to making a return and will train with the rest of his team-mates on Monday. The signs look promising for Barça's midfield maestro and he is expected to get the go-ahead to face Chelsea on Wednesday in the return leg of their last-16 Champions League tie, although he is not expected to complete a full training session until Tuesday.
Injury against Atlético
Iniesta limped off in Barcelona's 1-0 win against Atlético Madrid with a hamstring injury and was fully expected to watch Barcelona's second leg against the Premier League champions from the bench. However, since then Iniesta has repeatedly insisted that he is not ruling anything out.
Cada día más cerca 💪🏻💪🏻💪🏻⚽⚽⚽ pic.twitter.com/0OCif7VQ1V— Andrés Iniesta (@andresiniesta8) 10 March 2018
"Closer every day"
"Closer every day" was the message the Spain midfielder posted on his Twitter account on Saturday, along with a photo of him training with the Barcelona medical staff. Iniesta's presence and big-game experience will be a huge boost for Barcelona as they host Conte's side at the Camp Nou on Wednesday evening and look to seal their progress in the competition after a tight 1-1 draw at Stamford Bridge in the first leg.
Recommended in English
- NFL Patriots vs Bills, Monday Night Football: five players to watch
- NFL Dalvin Cook ruled out of Vikings-Lions clash
- SOCIAL MEDIA Cassano explains Cristiano Ronaldo Whatsapp spat
- SOCCER Real Madrid team news, possible line-up against Real Sociedad
- NBA Ten NBA records that might never be broken: Jordan, Abdul-Jabbar...
- NBA Winning Suns finally eclipsed as Warriors get revenge