Real Madrid's Cristiano Ronaldo has asked about China - Scolari
Luiz Felipe Scolari suggested Real Madrid star Cristiano Ronaldo could be interested in a move to China.
Real Madrid star Cristiano Ronaldo has asked about life in China more than once, according to former Brazil and Portugal coach Luiz Felipe Scolari.
Cristiano under contract at Real Madrid until 2021
Ronaldo, 33, is still starring in Europe, having scored 37 goals in 35 games in all competitions for Madrid this season.
The Portugal international is contracted at the Santiago Bernabéu until mid-2021, with his next destination potentially China or MLS.
Scolari, who spent 2015-17 in China as coach of Guangzhou Evergrande Taobao, revealed Ronaldo had often asked about the country.
"Why can't Cristiano Ronaldo go to China?"
"Someone who has asked me more than once what life is like in China is Cristiano Ronaldo. Why can't Cristiano Ronaldo go to China?" he told Esporte Interativo.
"I gave him all the instructions. And we also have to understand that China is China for different players.
"Cristiano Ronaldo has brands, an industry. And China is the largest country in the world.
"Then I told him what I always say: anyone who gets the opportunity should go to China."
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SOCCER USA beat Australia to win bronze medal
- OLYMPICS | BASKETBALL Durant and Team USA roll with the punches to bring gold closer
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021: what is Megan Rapinoe's net worth?
- OLYMPIC GAMES How long is a Marathon? How far is it in miles?
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics: IOC apologize after Ukraine and ROC confusion
- OLYMPIC GAMES | GOLF Tokyo Olympics: USA star Korda sizzles in the heat while flirting with 59