Atlético Madrid: Juanfran ready to return in Europa League
Atlético Madrid could be boosted by the return of Juanfran for the home game against Sporting CP at the Wanda Metropolitano.
Juanfran could feature for Atlético Madrid in Thursday's Europa League clash with Sporting CP after recovering from a hamstring injury.
The right-back was hurt in the second leg of his side's last-16 tie against Lokomotiv Moscow on March 15 and was subbed at half-time by coach Diego Simeone.
Juanfran back in training this week after return to fitness
The Spain international has since sat out LaLiga fixtures against Villarreal and Deportivo La Coruña but returned to training with the first-team squad earlier this week.
Atlético confirmed Juanfran will be available for the first leg of the quarter-final tie against the Portuguese club at the Wanda Metropolitano.
The defender's return is timely, with fellow full-back Sime Vrsaljko not included in Simeone's 18-man squad.
Recommended in English
- SOCCER Which players have won the most Ballons d'Or?
- BALLON D'OR When did Cristiano Ronaldo win his Ballon d'Or awards? Seasons and stats
- BALLO D'OR When did Messi win all of his Ballon d'Or awards? Seasons and stats
- NFL Mac Jones continues his case as best rookie QB of the season
- NFL Cam Newton’s dreams of being Panthers savior shattered
- SOCCER 2021 Ballon d'Or awards ceremony: times, TV, how to watch and stream