Tiger Roll wins Grand National in thrilling finish
Davy Russell can now add Grand National winner to his list of honours after Tiger Roll edged out Pleasant Company.
Tiger Roll held off Pleasant Company in a thrilling finish to win the Grand National at Aintree on Saturday.
Rolling into the National record books
The Gordon Elliott-trained eight-year-old looked to be cruising to victory under Davy Russell, but the fast-finishing Pleasant Company summoned up a late burst to push the 10/1 shot all the way.
Tiger Roll, the smallest horse in the race, got the verdict in a photo finish, giving jockey Russell his first triumph in the world's most famous steeplechase.
Bless the Wings (40/1) finished third, well behind Tiger Roll and Pleasant Company (25/1), with Anibale Fly (10/1) taking fourth place on heavy ground under blue skies.
As usual, the punters were having a good time, some of which is captured in this photo compilation.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: medal count, athletes and results, today 23 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 volleyball and beach volleyball schedule: dates, times, groups
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING Tokyo Olympics 2021: Team USA's swimming schedule - dates, times, strokes, events
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING What are Katie Ledecky's stats: records, Olympic medals, titles
- OLYMPIC GAMES What are the differences between indoor volleyball and beach volleyball in the Olympics?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SOFTBALL AND BASEBALL Which sports were pulled from the 2012 and 2016 Olympics and are returning in Tokyo 2021?