Jan Oblak remaining coy over Atlético Madrid future
The Slovenia international did little to allay doubts over his future following the goalless draw against Real Betis on Sunday.
Atlético Madrid goalkeeper Jan Oblak said "nobody knows" what will happen in the future as the Slovenian star insisted he is only focused on ending the season with silverware.
Oblak has been linked with Premier League side Liverpool and Ligue 1 champions Paris Saint-Germain previously following his exploits for Atlético.
The 25-year-old – who moved to Madrid from Benfica in 2014 – has helped Atlético up to second in LaLiga, while the Spanish outfit are preparing for their Europa League semi-final showdown with Arsenal.
However, Oblak did little to allay doubts over his future after Sunday's goalless draw against Real Betis.
"No news. I have the contract that I signed two years ago," Oblak told reporters. "What will happen well nobody knows, not even me. I prefer to finish the season well and hopefully with a title. Then we'll see but I have a contract. I do not think of anything other than Atletico."
Oblak added: "Atletico can grow. They have grown a lot and surely will not stop now, although it is not easy.
"I am sure that Atletico will grow and we will see what will happen to me, for the moment I am here. I have a contract until 2021. If I continue, we will grow together and if not, the club will grow as well."
Recommended in English
- CRYPTOCURRENCY What are the cryptocurrencies that have increased the most in value this year?
- NBA Lakers' Anthony Davis: "The whole world wants to see us lose"
- NBA 76ers star Embiid suggests Philadelphia NBA MVP bias
- NBA Heat's Kyle Lowry handed ovation on emotional Toronto return
- NBA Warriors head coach Steve Kerr speaks against gun violence after Sacramento Shooting
- NBA Nets coach Steve Nash rules Simmons out of NBA Play-In