Gerard sacked as Barça B coach after woeful win-less run
Francisco Javier Garcia Pimienta has been tasked with steering Barcelona B clear of relegation in LaLiga2 following Gerard Lopez's sacking.
Gerard Lopez has been sacked as the head coach of Barcelona B after a dismal nine-match winless run.
Barca B last tasted victory in mid-February and have lost their last five games to fall to 20th in the 22-team LaLiga 123.
[BREAKING NEWS] Francisco Javier García Pimienta takes over for Gerard López as the new head coach of Barça B.https://t.co/X4MjbXNTAW— FC Barcelona (@FCBarcelona) April 25, 2018
And former Blaugrana man Gerard has paid the price for this awful form, with the club announcing his departure on Wednesday after almost three years in charge.
"The club wants to thank Gerard Lopez publicly for effort, dedication and contribution throughout his career as a coach of the team," a statement read.
Barcelona have confirmed academy coach Francisco Javier Garcia Pimienta will replace Gerard as the new reserve team manager.
Recommended in English
- CRYPTOCURRENCY What are the cryptocurrencies that have increased the most in value this year?
- NBA Lakers' Anthony Davis: "The whole world wants to see us lose"
- NBA 76ers star Embiid suggests Philadelphia NBA MVP bias
- NBA Heat's Kyle Lowry handed ovation on emotional Toronto return
- NBA Warriors head coach Steve Kerr speaks against gun violence after Sacramento Shooting
- NBA Nets coach Steve Nash rules Simmons out of NBA Play-In