Bayern 1-2 Real Madrid: Catalan press rails at penalty decision
"The same old story", complains Mundo Deportivo, while Sport brings news of Barça players' attempts to convince Antoine Griezmann to join.
A disputed penalty decision makes the headlines in this morning's Barcelona-based sports press after Real Madrid's Champions League win at Bayern Munich.
"The same old story", cries MD over penalty decision
"The same old story," is Mundo Deportivo's reaction to referee Bjorn Kuipers' decision to wave away Bayern appeals that Dani Carvajal brought Robert Lewandowski down in the box in the first half of Wednesday's semi-final first leg.
"The referee failed to give a clear penalty for a foul by Carvajal on Lewandowski early on," complains the newspaper, which concludes: "Real Madrid took their chances and rode their luck against a profligate Bayern."
"Real Madrid got by on their attacking firepower"
"Madrid got by on their attacking firepower," agrees Sport.
Real will take a 2-1 lead into Tuesday's second leg at the Bernabéu after goals by Marcelo and Marco Asensio saw the tournament holders recover from Joshua Kimmich's opener to beat the German champions.
Barcelona players messaging Griezmann, says Sport
Meanwhile, Sport leads with news that Barcelona's dressing room is playing its part in the Blaugrana's pursuit of Atlético Madrid forward Antoine Griezmann.
"Pressure being put on Griezmann," announces the publication, which reveals that senior figures in the squad have been sending messages to the Frenchman in a bid to persuade him to join this summer.
Recommended in English
- NBA Ricky enjoying the present: "It's not a cliché, it's a lifestyle"
- NFL Tom Brady and Rob Gronkowski hoping to break NFL record
- NFL Who plays Monday Night football tonight, Week 13? Games, times, TV
- SOCCER Kylian Mbappé disappointed Real Madrid move falls through
- SOCCER Zlatan Ibrahimovic wants to 'stay at Milan for life'
- REAL MADRID Benzema out for Inter clash but has one eye on Madrid derby