Sporting boss Jorge Jesús claims club president was behind attack
The coach claims he has proof which suggests Sporting Clube president Bruno Carvalho orchestrated the ultras to attack the squad.
Earlier this week, approximately 50 Sporting de Portugal entered the club's training facility and threatened both back-room staff and first team squad with matters turning ugly as certain players were attacked by the mob with striker Bast Dost suffering head wounds which he later published on social media.
Today, Portuguese daily Público report that head coach Jorge Jesús claims to have proof that Sporting president Bruno Carvalho instigated the ultras attack with the coach looking to sever ties with the Lisbon outfit immediately.
According to the report, Carvalho met with ringleaders from the Juve Leo ultras on April 6th after the club's Europa League game against Atletico Madrid a claim denied by Carvalho in an official club communique. Jorge Jesús has also confirmed that he will be undertaking legal matters to deal with the situation.
Recommended in English
- Real Madrid Real Madrid: The reasons behind Gareth Bale's rupture with the club and the fans
- SOCCER Xabi Alonso: "Winning Euro 2008 with Spain shut Carragher up..."
- PREMIER LEAGUE Klopp cheers world class Mané ahead of Southampton reunion
- NBA | PELICANS Pelicans All-Star Zion Williamson cleared for full team activities
- NBA | SUNS Streaking Suns keeping eyes on NBA prize as record looms
- NBA Curry salutes Klay Thompson after latest Warriors masterclass