Rúben Semedo attends a talk by Marcelino and Parejo in prison
The Valencia coach and captain visited a local prison to discuss the values of football, and Villarreal's incarcerated centre-half was in attendance.
Marcelino and Dani Parejo, the coach and captain of Valencia, delivered a talk in a local prison that was attended by incarcerated Villarreal defender Rúben Semedo.
Marcelino and Parejo chat with Semedo
Marcelino and Parejo visited the Centro Penitenciario de Picassent, just south of Valencia, to talk to inmates about the 'values of football'. Journalist Paco Lloret hosted the discussion, which was also attended by Voro González, the five-time Valencia caretaker manager.
Among the audience was Villarreal defender Rúben Semedo, who was arrested on 20 February and subsequently charged with aggravated burglary and kidnap. According to reports, the 23-year-old and two accomplices tied up an individual before taking his keys and robbing his apartment.
That was not Semedo's first brush with the law since joining Villarreal from Sporting Lisbon last summer for a fee of €12.6 million. He was also arrested in January for threatening a nightclub employee with a firearm in Valencia.
Marcelino, Parejo, and Semedo apparently chatted following the talk, which is even more surreal due to the rivalry that exists between Valencia and Villarreal. Unsurprisingly, Semedo is currently suspended without pay by his club.
Te recomendamos en English
- EMMY AWARDS What's the difference between an Emmy and an Oscar award?
- US NEWS Body found in Wyoming fits the description of missing 22-year-old Gabby Petito
- NFL Cleveland Browns safety Ronnie Harrison Jr. fined for a push
- NFL Kansas City Chiefs 35 vs Baltimore Ravens 36 summary: score, stats, and highlights | Week 2
- NFL The New Orleans Saints slump to defeat against Carolina Panthers
- NFL NY Jets QB Zach Wilson throws 4 interceptions in loss to Patriots