Real Valladolid promoted to Primera División
Barcelona, Real Madrid, Atlético and the rest await the side from Castile and León in the 2018/19 campaign following their 4-1 aggregate play-off win over Numancia.
Congratulations are in order for the third and final team to be promoted to LaLiga Santander Primera División. Real Valladolid concluded their two-legged play off with a 1-1 draw at home to Numancia giving them a 4-1 win on aggregate.
Valladolid in Spanish top flight
Their destiny already looked set after a first leg 3-0 win and Saturday evening saw the side from the Spanish region of Castile and León secure their place in the top flight of Spanish football for the upcoming 2018/19 season. With the top teams in the league dominating European competitions over the last decade, it will not be an easy ride, but that won't bother fans of the Pucela.
Trips to play Real Madrid at the Santiago Bernabéu, Barcelona at the Camp Nou, and Atlético Madrid at the year-old Wanda Metropolitano will fill the dreams of the players and supporters, with plenty of other exciting challenges awaiting the side. The exploits of recently promoted sides such as Eibar and Girona will also give plenty of encouragement.
Valladolid join Rayo Vallecano and Huesca in stepping up to the top division in Spain.
Te recomendamos en English
- JUVENTUS Juventus player Arthur Melo involved in car crash
- OLYMPICS Team USA will require vaccinations for Winter Olympics hopefuls
- WORLD NEWS La Palma volcano: what will happen when the lava reaches the Atlantic Ocean?
- CHILD TAX CREDIT Why have some parents not received the Child Tax Credit payment; how to claim it?
- Leagues Cup Final Seattle Sounders vs. Club León live updates: scores, stats, and updates | Leagues Cup Final
- Towns stunned after Timberwolves fire president of basketball ops