Real Madrid have slashed Cristiano Ronaldo's release clause to 120m euros to pave the way for a potential sale, says a report in the Spanish media today. OK Diario has claimed that the reduction from 1bn euros, which was agreed early this year, applies to all clubs except Barcelona and Paris Saint-Germain.
Cristiano future uncertain amid tensions with Real chief
Cristiano's future at Real remains up in the air, with the striker understood to feel betrayed by Florentino Pérez over the club president's broken promise of an improved contract back in summer 2017. Meanwhile, the player's unhappiness over the situation has been exacerbated by Los Blancos' interest in signing Neymar and their apparent willingness to spend 400m euros on the Brazilian.
These tensions bubbled to the surface in the immediate aftermath of Real Madrid's Champions League final win over Liverpool in late May, when the Portugal captain dampened the LaLiga giants' celebrations by telling a post-match interview: "It's been great being at Real Madrid; I'll speak in the next few days."
City, Arsenal, Chelsea and Milan in for CR7, claims OK Diario
According to OK Diario, Cristiano received offers from Manchester City, Arsenal, Chelsea and AC Milan before the final in Kiev, with the quartet of suitors allegedly informing the star's agent, Jorge Mendes, of their readiness to negotiate a deal around the 33-year-old's reduced release clause, and hand him wages of around 40m euros a year net.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: Caeleb Dressel 100m swimming, medal count, results, today 29 July
- Stimulus Checks $1000 stimulus check for educators: how to claim it if I haven't received it
- US NEWS Disgraced USA Gymnastics doctor, Larry Nassar has received $2,000 in stimulus checks
- LA GALAXY ‘Chicharito’ Hernández to miss his sixth consecutive MLS game due to injury
- Olympic Games | Gymnastics How tall and what age are the USA gymnasts?
- OLYMPIC GAMES Who is Jade Carey, the US gymnast replacing Simone Biles at the Olympics?