Balotelli: Vieira slams striker as move from Nice looms
Mario Balotelli has attracted the ire of Nice boss Patrick Vieira over his failure to turn up for pre-season training.
Nice manager Patrick Vieira has criticised wantaway forward Mario Balotelli after the Italian failed to show for pre-season.
Balotelli has scored 43 goals in 66 appearances for the Ligue 1 side, rebuilding his reputation after a wayward few years in England and his home country.
Balotelli expected to make Marseille move
Indeed, the 27-year-old has been recalled into the Azzurri setup on the back of his good form and is expected to move to Marseille in the coming days.
"It's unfortunate it ends like this", says Vieira
Vieira however, had harsh words for the striker, telling the Nice-Matin: ''I got him on the phone a few weeks ago and it was arranged for him to recover [here]. Unfortunately, he isn't here.
''It's a shame because he spent two years, he has built a very good relationship with the club and the supporters. It's unfortunate it ends like this.
''Him wanting to leave is not a problem, it's part of football today. Team-mates such as Seri and Le Marchand, who knew that they were changing their club, were present. It was not easy for them, but they worked within the club.
"For Mario, it ends differently."
Te recomendamos en English
- LABOR NEWS Will Wisconsin's child labor reform bill become law?
- NFL Tom Brady sets record with 600th touchdown pass
- MLB How many times have the Atlanta Braves and Dallas Astros won the World Series?
- NFL How and where to watch Bears vs. Bucs
- NFL New York Jets vs New England Patriots summary: score, goals, highlights | NFL today
- NFL Chicago Bears 3 vs 38 Patriots summary: score, stats, highlights | NFL Week 7